Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Baton Rouge? Generally, you have three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Even though your provider can advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Door
Although you might find it unlikely that a criminal would make an effort to just walk in primary entrance, 34% of break-ins take place near this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other risks to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to manage these types of possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you are able to chat with any visitors who approach and press the button. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with two-direction audio and real-time footage and look like you’re home. In the event a person begins doing something nefarious, you will have your camera instantly record a clip and send it to your smartphone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult undertaking. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Baton Rouge house offer a large field-of-view, seeing two sections of your exterior.
- Right under an eave or directly into a length of cladding or edging are excellent options for cameras as they will be partly concealed by your home.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing access point for burglars than you may know!
- Over a patio or rear door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always prune any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your property in Baton Rouge. However, the added versatility means you have more factors to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are down and latched, the natural light from a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Just like an observation deck, a security camera installed in an elevated area will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookcases or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s broken. Place your security cameras where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to interact with them. Consider mounting or other ways of securing them to ensure they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best security camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a plant in the way. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (225) 230-5215 or submit the form below to start your project.