Helpful Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In Baton Rouge
Deterrence is a significant facet of home security, and one of the leading ways to discourage thieves is through the use of lights. A properly lit yard not only looks terrific, it’s also less likely to have intrusions. If you wish to enhance your home’s defense, explore these worthwhile tips for home security lighting in Baton Rouge. We have several ideas for outside and inside illumination that can assist your family.
Boost Your Home’s Defense And Allure With Landscape Lighting
The right kind of exterior lighting and well-placed outdoor cameras will go a long way in keeping prowlers away from your residence. Try the following Baton Rouge outside lighting recommendations.
- Illuminate your entry points: Doors at the front and back of your house are still the most common spots for intrusions. Make certain those access points are well-illuminated but don’t forget your garage. While intense motion-sensing floodlights are a popular choice in this area, it’s not the only possibility. Rather than blinding your neighbors each time a critter goes past, you can use less obtrusive lights that stay on all night. Sure, bright, motion-detecting floodlights may scare off unwanted guests, but having a well-positioned light that remains on has a greater chance of keeping them out of your yard in the first place.
- Incorporate versatile task lights: Those beautiful lights next to your pathway do more than help you see in the dark. They also let you see certain spots of your property you may otherwise not be able to from indoors.
- Add style and security with accents: Not solely for added beauty, accent lights are an effective way to illuminate locations that might serve as places to hide. You can place accents in mulch beds outside first-floor windows, in front of retaining walls, or near trees and hedges. These options produce a dramatic effect while enhancing your security.
- Shine light on your perimeter: A layered lighting strategy should also consider the periphery of your yard. Shining light your fencing, gates, and outer edges of your property will go a long way to deter prowlers.
How To Elevate Security With Interior Lighting in Baton Rouge
Home security lighting in Baton Rouge incorporates more than exterior illumination. Your inside lights play a role in boosting safety too. Smart bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s protection are worthwhile for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Put your lights on a schedule and make it seem like people are home. This is an easy deterrent and a wise approach if you’re away.
- Access from any location: If you leave on a family holiday but forget to put lights on a schedule, you can still turn them on with your handy smartphone app.
- Linking to other security elements: If the motion sensor on your outdoor camera triggers, you might have your foyer light inside automatically illuminate. This functionality is another method to deter burglars.
Deter Intruders Even More With A Home Defense Package In Baton Rouge From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Fortify your nicely illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Baton Rouge let you automate, access, and control all types of smart devices, including your lights. Reach out to (225) 230-5215 today to start customizing a package for your home.