What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Baton Rouge?
In years past, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You place a component with a microphone in close proximity to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For example, some monitors now have high-definition video feeds and 2-way communication. You can also link some monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you are able to move around all over the house. The top baby monitors in Baton Rouge are so advanced that they are similar to indoor security cameras in both functionality and cost.
Should you swap out a baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras have comparable functionality, you will find many people in Baton Rouge integrating their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- specifically if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should have at minimum 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for night vision.
● Two-direction audio: Now you don’t need to go into the room to get your baby back to a gentle slumber. Your calming voice could be all you need to keep your little one peaceful and resting.
● Motion activation: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness may begin to waver. But if your security camera identifies unusual activity, you can configure it to deliver a message to your mobile device. This is helpful when the baby soundlessly scales out of the crib or if a pet wanders into the room.
● Recording capabilities: Most baby monitors don’t record video footage. You can now deliver a short segment to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: As an alternative to carrying monitoring equipment around, you may now view your child from your smart home mobile app. You might even check in on your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get a date night.