Home security cameras can easily be used as a warning—a display that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras come armed with a plethora of features all designed to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Baton Rouge.
How To Set Up Your Baton Rouge Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is placing the components in the best spots around your home. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a great move to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear view of your front door, drive, and patio, garage, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your home that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your guests should be a primary concern prior to mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in Baton Rouge. The features shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your smart device whenever strange motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when motions are detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to people with the camera. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Baton Rouge is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (225) 230-5215 or fill out the form below to begin building your security system today.